Posted by rfvv on Monday, March 8, 2010 at 6:45am.
My new friends are all great.
1. How do you like them?
2. What do you think about them?
3. How do you feel about them?
4. What do you think of them?
5. How do you feel of them?
6. How do you think about them?
(What is not correct and not the same as #1? I think #6 is incorrect. Am I right?)
7. He won three gold medals in/for the 100 meter, the 200 meter, and the 400 meter relay(s).
(Which preposition is right, 'in' or 'for'? Do we have to use 'relay' or 'relays' here?)
8. gold medal, silver medal, bronze medal/ copper medal
(Which one is correct, 'bronze' medal or 'copper' medal?)
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 8:15am
In 1 - 6, only #5 is not correct. All the others are fine and mean about the same thing.
7 -- "for" -- and yes, use the plural because there are three races named.
8 -- bronze medal
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 8:16am
Oh, yes, you're correct that #6 doesn't mean the same thing. So #s 5 and 6 are incorrect. #s 1-4 are fine.
- English - Anonymous, Monday, September 21, 2015 at 5:25pm
Think of a time when you used rhetorical devices to persuade someone about something. Then, in 150-300 words, describe the situation and identify your use and the success of at least 2 rhetorical devices.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. My new friends are all great. 2. All my new friends are great. 2-2...
- English - 1. What is his opinion like? 2. What do you think his opinion is like...
- English - I also need to find information about the following questions. I ...
- Health - My apologies if I make a mistake. I'm new to this, and my Health ...
- English - Let's talke about the following topics with your friends. 1. The ...
- English - for narrative essay i want to write about death, like before i used to...
- English/Poetry - I read the stories about her I discover her dark past Some ...
- English/Poerty - Is this poem good? How can I make it better? As I read the ...
- Social - what are the: -similarities -differences -conflicts and reasons ...
- English - 1. What do you think about the movie? (Is 'what' the object of 'think...