Posted by Kate on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:13pm.
I was told in class to find a piece of "biased writing" and use the knowledge about critical thinking. how would i know whether an article is biased?
really confused. also, it's a 1000 word essay, so it'd be really nice to get answer!
- college english - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:28pm
Look for anything written by a person with a strong political or religious message.
As you evaluate these articles, consider what you've learned in this critical thinking class.
One good place to find biased writing is in newspaper's op ed page, especially editorials and columnists.
- college english - Kate, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:30pm
what do you mean by newspaper's op ed page?
- college english - Kate, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:33pm
In the essay, I have to demonstrate that I recognize logical fallacies, but I don't understand how I can write that much about a message of somebody else when they have written so little. there's just nothing else to speak of, and I only have 500 words
- college english - Writeacher, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:44pm
The op-ed section of a newspaper is often also called the Opinion section. It's where the opinions, letters, and editorials are.
See the word OPINION near the top right? That section will have the opinion pieces in it.
Here, OPINION is in the list on the left.
Do you see it here?
- college english - Writeacher, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:45pm
Look in the list at the right to find different types of fallacies.
- college english - Kate, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 11:00pm
that's helps a whole lot! thanks so much Ms Sue and Writeacher! :D
Answer this Question
- College Writing - where can i find reliable resources on college athletics for a...
- books - We reading animal farm in english class so we have been asked to write ...
- english - do you think a bias makes a source useless? I don't think bias makes a...
- 7th grade - a reporter surveys people leaving an ice hockey game and asks them ...
- electricity - What bias conditions must be present for the normal operation of a...
- English - I am writing a magazine article for a class. I have looked up how to ...
- Critical Thinking/Ethics - why is calling people listed in the phone book to ...
- Pre-Algebra - Tell whether the question is potentially biased. Explain your ...
- English - (1) After my interview with these four young people, I reflected on ...
- politcs essay - i'm doing a project where i have pick three newsstations from ...