Posted by Phillip on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 8:01pm.
I'm trying to figure out how to do this problem, but don't know where to begin. I think some information is missing.
The function P=120+30Sin 2pi(t) models the blood pressure (in millimeters of mercury) for a person who has a high blood pressure of 150/90; t represents seconds.
a. What is the pressure of this function?
b. How many heartbeats are there each minute?
- Precalc Repost - Damon, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 8:17pm
Well, that is the pressure
120+30 = 150 maximum
120 - 30 = 90 minimuum
look at that sin function
at t = 0, it is 30 sin 0 = 0
at t = 1, it is sin 2 pi = 0, a full period
so a period is one second
so there are 60 periods per minute
- Precalc Repost - Reiny, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 8:18pm
a) sub any time t to find the pressure at that moment.
b) the difference of time between a high pressure moment and the next high pressure moment would be one heartbeat.
so find the period of the function, which is 2pi/2pi = 1 sec
so there are 60 heartbeats per minute
- Precalc Repost - Maytas, Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 11:15pm
The function P(t) = 120 + 30 sin (2πt) models the blood pressure (in millimeters of mercury) for a
person who has a blood pressure of 150/90 (which is high); t represents seconds. What is the period of
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre-calc - Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to do this problem, but don't ...
- rate of change - For a person at rest, the function p(t) = -20 cos(300˚t...
- Statistic - In a population of over 15,000 patients, the distribution of ...
- Math - In a study of 800 men,diastolic blood pressure was found to be ...
- Math 1 - In a study of 500 men, diastolic blood pressure was found to be ...
- trig - Suppose that Magnus' blood pressure can be modeled by the following ...
- statistical reasoning - Systolic blood pressure for women between the ages of 18...
- Physics (please help!!!!) - Blood pressure is usually reported in millimeters of...
- Math - The mean systolic blood pressure of adult males is normally distributed ...
- math - The mean systolic blood pressure of adult males is normally distributed ...