Posted by Dawn on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:32pm.
Please help me! I don't even know where to start :( my teacher took this question up on friday but i was sick, and we have a test tomorrow!
-Car A travels from Barrie to Subuiry at an average speed of 90km/h
-Car B travels from Subury to Barrie at an average speed of 80km/h
-Barrie and Subury are 300 km apart
(HINT: Recall that Distance=SpeedXTime. THink of the distance that each car is from ONE of the cicties when stetting up youre equations)
a) What does the point of intersection mean in this case?
b) If they left at exactly 9:35 am, at what time will they meet?
Math - Damon, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:46pm
Say they travel for t hours
Car A goes 90 * t km
Car B goes 80 * t km
If car A goes distance d, then car B goes 300-d
d =90 t
80 t = 300 - d
80 t = 300 - 90 t
170 t = 300
t = 1.764 hours
1 hour and .764*60 minutes
= 1 hour and 45.882 minutes
call it 1 hour and 46 minutes although we could figure out the seconds
9:45 + 1 hr = 10:45
10:45 + 46 minutes = 11:00 + 31 minutes
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Help math!! - 15 students took a science test. the average score was 88.0. later...
- math - 15 students took a science test. the average score was 88.0. later in the...
- math - A math teacher calculates grades as follows:Grade=[2 test averages+quiz ...
- physics - PLEASE HELP!! I HAVE A TEST TOMORROW!! if Q=30 uC, q=5.0 uC, and d=...
- math - distance = rate x time or d = r*t car traveling 40 mi/hr goes 40 mi/hr x ...
- math - A teacher drove 280 miles to attend a mathematics conference and arrived ...
- algebra - I really need that to my examples in my report tomorrow those i posted...
- math - The average of 5 numbers is 28. What would the 6th number have to be to ...
- physics - A car travels in a straight line with an average velocity of 85 km/h ...
- BIOSTATISTICS PLEASE HELP - exercise: The average number of sick days an ...