Posted by Dawn on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:32pm.
Please help me! I don't even know where to start :( my teacher took this question up on friday but i was sick, and we have a test tomorrow!
-Car A travels from Barrie to Subuiry at an average speed of 90km/h
-Car B travels from Subury to Barrie at an average speed of 80km/h
-Barrie and Subury are 300 km apart
(HINT: Recall that Distance=SpeedXTime. THink of the distance that each car is from ONE of the cicties when stetting up youre equations)
a) What does the point of intersection mean in this case?
b) If they left at exactly 9:35 am, at what time will they meet?
- Math - Damon, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:46pm
Say they travel for t hours
Car A goes 90 * t km
Car B goes 80 * t km
If car A goes distance d, then car B goes 300-d
d =90 t
80 t = 300 - d
80 t = 300 - 90 t
170 t = 300
t = 1.764 hours
1 hour and .764*60 minutes
= 1 hour and 45.882 minutes
call it 1 hour and 46 minutes although we could figure out the seconds
9:45 + 1 hr = 10:45
10:45 + 46 minutes = 11:00 + 31 minutes
Answer this Question
- physics - PLEASE HELP!! I HAVE A TEST TOMORROW!! if Q=30 uC, q=5.0 uC, and d=...
- math - distance = rate x time or d = r*t car traveling 40 mi/hr goes 40 mi/hr x ...
- algebra - I really need that to my examples in my report tomorrow those i posted...
- Math - Problem Solving Work Backward The test that Keyshawn's class took ...
- math - The test Keyshawn's class took finished at 10:30 A.M. The first part of ...
- math - I have a test tomorrow on inerior angles and need it explianed more thsn ...
- trig - hi, I have a placement test coming up tomorrow, and I'm pretty confident ...
- Didn't do research paper - I have a research paper due TOMOROW that my English ...
- Math please help! - Hi i have the same question as someone else but no one ...
- Jishka Staff - Is you teacher who teaches AP Biology still sick last time I ...