Posted by tash on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:02pm.
i really don't understand these sentences.... the instructions are to edit the following sentences to eliminate problems with s and ed verb forms and with omitted verbs, if a sentence is correct, write correct after it. ,,,, Sentence one: Have there ever been a time n your life when you were to depressed to get out of bed?
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:11pm
The instructions state that you are to correct the sentence.
Has there ever been a time in your life when you were too depressed to get out of bed?
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:15pm
my days in this department have taught me to do what i'm told without asking questions.... is this correct?
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:25pm
The verbs are correct. The punctuation is wrong.
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:26pm
meaning/ im lost
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:44pm
Sorry. I should have said the capitalization is wrong.
My . . . I'm .
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:48pm
ok... how about this sentence..... We have changed our plan and are waiting out the storm. is this correct...?
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:50pm
Yes. That's correct.
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:51pm
and this one......Winter training for search-rescue divers consist of building up a tolerance to icy water temperatures....
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 6:59pm
Winter training is the subject -- and it's singular. It needs a singular verb -- CONSISTS.
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:14pm
what about this sentence..... How would you feel if a love one had been a victim of a crime like this?
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 7:16pm
Since in this sentence "loved" is an adjective, you need to use the participle, LOVED.
- grammar - tash, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:31pm
is this correct...... a strange sound was made in the willow tree by the monkey that had escaped from the zoo.... the directions were to revise any weak unemphatic sentences by replacing be verbs or passive verbs with active alternatives.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English / Grammar - I need help with the following grammar exercise. Rewrite the...
- English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
- Punctuation - Rewrite the following sentences, focusing on the grammar area ...
- english - Could you let me know if these are correct? Write 5 sentences in which...
- Sentences - Are my sentences correct with the following directions? (Sentences ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you. I...
- Grammar - Rive each of the following sentences, correcting the problems in usage...
- sentence patterns - we need some help.We write tomorrow an exam-sentence ...
- Grammar Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- help me to construct this in a good essay - English 101AYR has now been in ...