Posted by bern on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 2:42pm.
CAN THIS BE POSTED TO A LINK THAT CAN LATER BE REMOVED?
1. Creating Art - After completing the required readings for this week, discuss how you see the theme of creating art developing in the different stories and poems. What did you learn about the human impulse to create? Give examples from one of the stories and at least two of the poems that you think influenced this theme.
2. Literature and Life - After completing the required readings for this week, what connections have you made between literature and everyday life? Use examples and quotes to support your thoughts from at least three of the readings.
Stories: Stephen Crane - "The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky" or Raymond Carver "Cathedral"
Poems: Emily Dickinson - "I died for Beauty", "I dwell in Possibility", "I heard a fly buzz", "I reckon when I count at all", "Tell all the Truth but tell it slant", or "This was a Poet".
Theme - The Creating Process
• Sherman Alexie – "Indian Education," p.320
• Stephen Crane – The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky" p.482
• Jamaica Kincaid – "Girl," p. 397
• Emily Dickinson – "This was a Poet," p.925
• Alexander Pope – "The Universe," p.823
• Ferlingetti – "Constantly Risking Absurdity," p.1106
DiYanni, R. (2007). Literature, reading fiction, poetry, and drama (Ashford Custom 6th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 0073252115
- introduction to literature - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 3:13pm
Your question has been referred to the site "boss"... to see if this can be arranged.
- introduction to literature - bern, Monday, March 8, 2010 at 7:10pm
please close this question
- introduction to literature - Yvonne, Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 12:19am
Poems: Emily Dickinson - "I died for Beauty", "I dwell in Possibility",
how do they relate.
Answer this Question
Art History - What are the three major forms of printmaking that were developed ...
PHYSICS - Two 2.5-cm-diameter electrodes with a 0.10-mm-thick sheet of Teflon ...
poetry - After completing the required readings for this week, discuss how you ...
English Literature - I'm having trouble understanding how I am supposed to ...
Art - Ms. Sue, I need to include these sentences I posted a few days ago to ...
SOCIAL STUDIES - I am study the art culture of Mexico and famout mexican ...
English 8R - Reflections help!!!! - I can't think of a topic to write for ...
Chem. - what is the six guidelines in determining significant figures? Thanks...
pre-calc - One day, a controversial video is posted on the Internet that ...
Biology - Pregnancy - "If the ovaries were removed between the start of ...
For Further Reading