Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:51am.
This is to do with genetics and drosophila. There are 3 pairs of characteristics - body colour, eye colour and wing length. The parents are all from pure-breeding lines.
P1: male-grey body, normal wings
female-black body, vestigial wings
F1: all females-grey body, normal wings
all males-black body, vestigial wings
F2: 230 flies-grey body, normal wings
15 flies-grey body, vestigial wings
18 flies-black body, normal wings
214 flies-black body, vestigial wings
P1: male-grey body, red eyes
female-black body, white eyes
F1: all females-grey body, red eyes
all males-black body, white eyes
F2: 4720 flies-grey body, red eyes
3372 flies-grey body, white eyes
3389 flies-black body, red eyes
4810 flies-black body, white eyes
P1: male-red eyes, normal wings
female-white eyes, vestigial wings
F1: all females-red eyes, normal wings
all males-white eyes, vestigial wing
F2: 4102 flies-red eyes, normal wings
2164 flies-red eyes, vestigial wings
2169 flies-white eyes, normal wings
4088 flies-white eyes, vestigial
Work out the chromosome map for these genes.
Please help-I have no idea how to do this! Thanks in advance!
Answer this Question
- biology - This is to do with genetics and drosophila. There are 3 pairs of ...
- Biology - In drosophila , short wings , and black colour are reccessive traits....
- Genetics - The boss in your laboratory has just heard of a proposal by another ...
- Science - In drosophila , short wings , and black colour are reccessive traits....
- Biology - A poultry farmer hopes to profit from the current craze for keeping ...
- biology, genetics - Suppose that r, red, and sc, scarlet, are two recessive eye-...
- biology - A poultry farmer hopes to profit from the current craze for keeping ...
- Biology - If P1 - virgin grey body, long wings female cross with P2 - ebony body...
- biology - Colour blindness is a recessive disorder. If a colour blind male is ...
- biology: genetics - In Drosophila melanogaster, cut wings (ct) is recessive to ...