Posted by Carrie on Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 11:40pm.
I have a bar graph that shows the number of students by major in the College of Arts and Science.
Math shows 200 students
History shows 300 students
English shows 400 students
Science shows 150 students
Other shows 175 students
What percent of students in the college are history majors (to the nearest tenth of a percent)?
- I would take the total number of students divided by the history students number, right
Would it be 200+300+400+150+175= 1225
Then 1225 divided by 300=4.083
Then I would move the decimal over two places. Am I on the right track?
Math - Reiny, Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 11:54pm
no, you are dividing the wrong way.
you have to divide 300 by 1225 ,not 1225/300 the way you have it
300/1225 = .24489
now you move your decimal 2 places to the right to get 24.5%
Math - Carrie, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 12:11am
I see. I understand. I was wondering why I was getting such a weird number. Thank you!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the bar and graph shows the number of students by major in the college of...
- math-Ms. Sue - ms Sue I was not sure how to do a response to you but my prior ...
- Math - What percent of students in the college are history majors (to the ...
- honors math 7th grade - its a venn diagram three circles. Here is the question. ...
- Math - The table shows which school subjects are favored by a group of students ...
- Math - The table shows the number of classrooms needed for different numbers of ...
- math - ANSWER THESE NOW PLEASE !!!!!!! 2.yesterday ,a parking lot had 10 cars ...
- Math - A six sided die is tossed. What is the probability that it shows a prime ...
- Math - The number of professors in a college is p and the number of students is ...
- Math Please Help - The graph above shows the number of students receiving A's in...