Posted by nicky on Friday, March 5, 2010 at 2:28pm.
Solve for x.
5x - 6 = 4x + 8
A)x = -14
B)x = -2
C)x = 2
D)x = 14
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 3:16pm
What do YOU think the answer is?
- math - nicky, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 3:18pm
i dont know thats why i ASKED
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 3:25pm
5x - 6 = 4x + 8
5x - 4x - 6 + 6 = 4x - 4x + 8 + 6
x = 14
- math - Anonymous, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 4:18pm
can you explain how you got the two sixes and how you got all of that to get the answer
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 4:30pm
I added 6 to both sides of the equation.
The 6's on the left side of the equation cancel each other out. That leaves x = 8 + 6
- math - Anonymous, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 4:53pm
im sorry i know you might think im stupid but i just need help on this but why six
- math - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 5, 2010 at 6:23pm
The object is to get the unknowns on one side of the equation and the knowns on the other side.
On the left side, the original equation is: 5x - 6
We need to add 6 to both sides in order to move it to the right side.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - We have an important chemsitry test due and I want to make sure that I do...
- English - 1. He can not solve the math problem. 2. He cannot solve the math ...
- MATH PLEASEEEEE - I have a question, if f(x)=x/2 and g(x)=3x+1 find: a) (f+g)(x...
- math - actually, in a addition to the question i posted a few minutes ago, can ...
- Math - Solve by eliminnation methods 2x-4y=5 2x-4y=6 solve the system by ...
- MATH PLEASE HELP! - Solve each system 3x+2y= -2 9x- y= -6 I know how to solve ...
- Math - Solve for S: r^2s-5s=7. Solve for b: L= 4a^2b. I'm confused about how to ...
- math - solve for the indicated variable: a. temperature formula solve for F: K=5...
- math - Solve systems by substitution 5x - 2y = -5 y - 5x = 3 Substitute 5x + 3 ...
- Math Analysis - 6. Prove that f(x) = (3/4)x^4 + 2 and g(x) = (4sqrt(108x-216))/3...