Posted by Tracie on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 10:06pm.
WHAT TYPE OF FACELLIES IS THIS QUESTION AND WHY:
gave a radio interview (broadcast on National Public Radio) in which he
said that the Church was against the use of condoms. Even though the
rate of AIDS infection in Puerto Rico is much higher than on the U.S.
mainland, the spokesman said that the Church could not support the use
of condoms because they are not absolutely reliable in preventing the
spread of the disease. “If you could prove that condoms were absolutely
dependable in preventing a person from contracting AIDS, then the
Church could support their use.”
In February 1992, a representative of the Catholic Church in Puerto Rico
Critical Thinking - Nosferatu, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 10:43pm
Did some of this get cut off? Fallacies is what you intended to type above, correct?
Critical Thinking - PsyDAG, Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:39am
I don't know what type of fallacy it is, but any type of treatment or vaccine is not 100% effective. They are ignoring the relatively high proportion of success of condoms in preventing AIDS. In essence, the Church saying that, if one condom fails, this is the reason for not using condoms.
I hope this helps.
Critical Thinking - sami, Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 5:53am
go to aceyourclassesdotcom for crt 205 assignments
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- critical thinking - In February 1992, a representative of the Catholic Church in...
- CRT205 - What Fallacy is this? In February 1992, a representative of the ...
- Englins /Fallacies - What type of fallacy is this? In February 1992, a ...
- Fallacies - Had to walk away from this one and clear my head. In February 1992, ...
- fallacies - Need help with two questions 8. From a letter to the editor: “The ...
- Fallacies - Need help with two questions..#8 is throwing me off, (false dilemma ...
- Critical Thinking - Identify any examples of fallacies in the following passages...
- crt 205 - Exercise 6-6 Identify any examples of fallacies in the following ...
- Crt/205 - For this checkpoint you will only be using the following fallacies. Ad...
- Crt/205 - i am not sue if i am doing this assignment correctly but this is what ...