1. As you have the more,you want the more.
2. The more you have, the more you want.
3. The taller you become, the wiser you become.
4. The older you become, the weaker you become.
5. The happier you are, the healthier you look.
6. The more you study, the wiser you become.
(Is #1 the same as #2? Are all the expressions correct? Would you let me know more expressions composed of "the + comparatives--, the + comparatives structure)
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 8:11am
#1 is not correct.
#2 is fine.
#s 3 - 6 are fine.
With #s 2 - 6, you've demonstrated that you have a good idea about this type of expression. Another very common one is somewhat abbreviated!
The more, the merrier!