Posted by anonymous on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 5:51am.
Three forces acting on an object are given by F1 = ( - 1.85i + 2.50j) N, F2 = ( - 5.10i + 3.25j ) N, and
F3 = ( - 45.0i + 48.0j ) N. The object experiences an acceleration of magnitude 3.75 m/s2.
(a) What is the direction of the acceleration?
_________° (from the positive x axis)
(b) What is the mass of the object?
(c) If the object is initially at rest, what is its speed after 17.0 s?
(d) What are the velocity components of the object after 17.0 s?
( ________ i + _________ j ) m/s
- physics - drwls, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 6:45am
This is an exercise in adding vectors. The ratio of components in vector sum will provide the fdirection information you need. The mass is the ratio of the force magnitude to the acceleration.
For (c), assume the initial speed is zero and multiply the acceleration and time interval. For (d), multiply the vector acceleration by the time.
Show your work if further assistance is needed.
- physics - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 8:38pm
a) direction of acceleration in the same way as resultant force, hence
Fr=F1+F2+F3=(-1.85-5.10-45.0)i+(2.50+3.25+48.0)j= -51.95i+53.75j [N]
b) F=ma --- m=F/a --- (√((-51.95)^2+53.75^2))/3.75=19.9kg
d)F=ma --- a=F/m ---āx=F̅x/m --āy=F̅y/m
ā=āx + āy
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - Three forces acting on an object are given by F1 = ( 1.95i - 1.60j ) N...
- Physics - Two forces F1 = -7.50i + 6.00j and F2 = 8.40i + 7.50j are acting on a...
- Physics - Multiple choice - An object is moving in a circle at a constant speed...
- Physics - Three forces acting on an object are given by F1 = (-8.79i + 8.34j) N...
- Physics - An object is moving with constant velocity -->v Which situation is ...
- physics - Two forces act on an object. The magnitude of the net force acting on ...
- Physics - An object acted on by three forces moves with constant velocity. One ...
- college physics - An object acted on by three forces moves with constant ...
- physics - An object acted on by three forces moves with constant velocity. one ...
- physics - An object acted on by three forces moves with constant velocity. One ...