Posted by John on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 2:54am.
I have a test soon. If you can help me with these questions, that would be great.
1. Define and describe the following.
a)Alkaline - metal - base
b)Corrosive - burn/eat away - acid
c)Caustic - harsh - both? (acid + base)
d)Low pH - 0-6.99 - acid
Please check my answers and correct me if I'm wrong.
2. What is the typical pH of the following?
a)Pure water - 7 pH
b)Normal rainwater - 7 pH
c)Acid precipitation - 5.6 pH
d)Human blood - 7.3-7.5 pH
e)Human saliva - 6.5-7.4 pH
Check my answers and provide feedback if wrong.
3. Classify each of the following compounds as organic or inorganic by examining their formulas.
a)CH3OH - organic
b)Mg(HC2O4)2 - organic
c)SiC - organic
d)Na2CO3 - organic
e)FeBr3 - inorganic
f)CH4 - organic
g)NH3 - inorganic
h)CO - inorganic
Please check my answers and correct me if there are mistakes.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your assistance.
- Chemistry (URGENT) - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 9:03am
3> There is no "official" nor universal definition of organic compounds.
Go with your text, but remember texts vary.
Most would not consider as organic the following:
There is a great debate over CO, but most consider it inorganic.
Remember, don't argue with your teacher on these, as there is no universal agreement, so you will lose.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry...Help? - I've been trying to understand these two questions and I've ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) Which of the following is not amphiprotic? H20, NH4...
- Chemistry - Use the Bronsted-Lowry definitions to identify the two conjugate ...
- Chemistry - Acid is a proton donor and base is a proton accepter? first of all, ...
- Honors Chemistry - I need someone to check these questions. I know its a lot of ...
- Chemistry - The following questions relate to acid base reactions. a) What type ...
- Chemistry pH, acids, and bases - Trichloroacetic acid (CCl3CO2H) is a corrosive...
- chemistry - If the acid base reaction HA(aq)+B^-(aq)---> HB(aq)+A^-(aq) <...
- Chemsitry - Hello. I'm not n=sure about these answers so i was wondering if ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a strong acid and ...