Posted by Lindsay on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 11:33pm.
The first row of a concert hall has 25 seats and each row after the first has one more seat than the row before it. There are 2 rows of seat. 1)Write a rule for the number of seats in the nth row.
2)35 students from a class want to sit in the same row. How close to the front can they sit?
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 11:45pm
The statement, "There are 2 rows of seat" , is confusing.
Is there a front row of 25, then an aisle, and another 25 seats for the entire first row ???
Please be more specific.
Once that is cleared it looks like a simple arithmetic sequence question
a = 25
d = 1
- Math - Lindsay, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 11:46pm
Sorry...there are 32 rows of seats
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 11:58pm
Now it is very easy
tn = a+(n-1)d
= 25 + (n-1)(1)
= 24 + n
so which row comes closest to 35 ?
The 35 students can sit all in row 11
- Math - Lindsay, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 12:04am
Thanks! I knew it was row 11 but didn't know how to write a formula to prove it...
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - The first row of a concert hall has 20 seats, and each row after the...
- Math - an auditorium has 50 rows of seats. THe first row has 20 seats, the row ...
- math - find the number of seat in a theater containing 30 rows if the first row ...
- Math - An auditorium has 50 rows of seats. The first row has 20 seats, the ...
- math (plz help) - In a movie theater, theater A has 30 seats in the first row. ...
- Math - Black Eyed Peasí 2011 Live Concert is to take place in a circular park. ...
- math - In a movie theater, Theater A has 30 seats in the first row. Each next ...
- math - Cinema 2 has 25 seats in the first row and 30 rows in all. Each ...
- math - A film industry screening theater has 6 seats in the first row and 5 rows...
- math - Determine the seating capacity of an auditorium with 10 rows of seats if ...