Posted by Selina on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 4:47pm.
How do I work out the density of HCI at 600 celsius ?
- chemistry - bobpursley, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 4:58pm
I assume you mean the gas, hydrogen chloride.
density is mass/volume
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 5:06pm
I would use PV = nRT and rework it a little
n = g/M where M is molar mass.
PV = (g/M)RT, then
PVM = gRT and
PM = gRT/V where g/V is the density and solve for g/V = density = PM/RT. Check my algebra.
- chemistry - Selina, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 5:40pm
Thank you guys I will try both suggestions
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 7:25pm
OK to try both I suppose but aren't both the same? (They are the same formula!)
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - Describe how you would prepare 500 mL of a 0.0400 M solution of HCI ...
- chemistry - Calculate the molarity and molality of 37.0%(w/w) HCI with a density...
- chemistry - a 25.0ml dsmplr og 0.105M HCI was titrated with 31.5ml of NaOH. What...
- CHEMISTRY - Concentrated HCI is 12M. What is the molarity of an HCI solution ...
- chemistry - Concentrated HCI is 12M. What is the molarity of an HCI solution ...
- Chemistry - 20.7mL of ethanol (density=0.789g/mL) initially at 8.2 degrees ...
- chemistry - Concentrated HCI is 12M. What is the moloarity of an HCI solution ...
- Chemistry - 3.42 grams of Ba(OH)2 is placed in a flask, dissolved in water, and ...
- Chemistry - What is the density of 3.40 liters of hci
- Chemistry - HCI is a strong acid. What is the ion concentration, (H+), of a 0....