Posted by jamanica on Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:44pm.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper analyzing the influences of race as it relates to your community. In your paper, write your first-person account of how human interactions in your community have been racialized. For the community, you may consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part.
· Answer the following questions and provide examples:
o Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?
o How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o Do your texts or work manuals contain information by or about people like you?
o Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?
o What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you think minority group interests are represented within your community?
o If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what do you change? How and why?
o Which main concepts from the text relate to race? Apply some of these concepts to your project.
· Include the following elements in your paper:
o The thesis addresses racial issues in your local community.
o The content is comprehensive and accurate.
o The paper itself draws on your personal experiences with and opinions about cultural diversity in your community.
o Three sources are used, and one source is a community member, leader, or representative from a local community organization.
o The paper is written in first-person point of view, with an autobiographical approach.
o Text concepts are applied to your observations.
o Assignment questions are answered.
o The paper includes perspectives from supporting sources.
o The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
o Paragraph transitions are present.
o The tone is appropriate.
o Sentences are well-constructed.
o The paper, title page, and references follow APA standards.
o Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
o Spelling is correct.
- ethics - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:49pm
This has to be the most ridiculous question I've seen on this forum.
Don't you know that "autobiographical" means the story of YOUR life?
- ethics - Dee, Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 4:05pm
Ms. Sue, I agree that this is a ridiculous assignment. However if I choose not to do the assignment I would still pass but with a C- as this is 25% of my grade. Therefore, I must do it, to obtain the grade I wish to have.
I have searched sites on how to format this assignment and ideas on how to answer the questions that seem simple enough. But how does one answer these questions yet alone do the assignment when they do not socialize with people in their neighborhood? Or pay attention to race within the community? I am one of those who have never personally experienced racial issues. I have only heard of them. Therefore I am having a difficult time completing this assignment because of this(mainly the word amount). Any suggestions?
- ethics - Dorothy, Friday, April 9, 2010 at 10:00pm
Hello Dee & Sue
I totally agree also this assignment is totally ridiculous, that's why I'm online now still trying to come up with ideas. Not only do I not socialize with people in my neighborhood/community on a day to day basis, when we are socializing race/rationalization is not the prime subject. Dee my advice to you is try using your workplace or children school if either apply, that's what I'm going to try...I will still find myself making stuff up, and what makes it even worse is this has to be in PowerPoint with references...How do you find references from first hand accounts..especially if you made it up???
- ethics - Willaim, Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 3:04pm
Communities are situated close to churches, people go to them, all types of people.Who are the community learders at a particular church, who does what for the community, might be a good place to start.
- ethics - Aryan, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 3:09pm
I dont go to church and never will. I dont believe in god, so now what do I do my daughter is 1 yrs old two weeks ago doesnt go to daycare nor has a babysitter I stay home with her I don't work I go to school online so what community do I talk about? oh yeah no family no friends one boyfriend and I have lived here for 5 months and the place before 5 months and the place before that 3 months I have never lived anywhere longer then a year and a half and still no friends from any of those places who do I interview we have to have at least three interviews????????
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- cultra - • • Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper ...
- Cultural Diversity - I have to write a 1400 to 1750 word autobiographical ...
- English / Cultural Diversity - I have an assignment as follows: • Prepare a 1,...
- eth 125 - If you're curious, you can see what a search for . Final Project: Race...
- ETH 125 - Prepare a 1,400 to 1,750 word autobiographical research paper that ...
- eth 125 - Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper that ...
- ETH 125 - has anyone done any assignment like this.... „FƒnPrepare a 1,400- to 1...
- History - Autobiographical research that analyzes the influences of race as it ...
- Ethics - I am supposed to have a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research...
- ethics 125 - I am supposed to write an autobiographical research paper that ...