Posted by josh on Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:37pm.
= 2.72 x 10^11
solve for x
- algebra - drwls, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:44pm
Rewrite it as
4x^2 = (10.88 x 10^11)(1.5-x)(1-x)^2
I graphicsl or iterative solution may be necessary, since this is a cubic equation. I suspect that the roots are very close to 1.5 and 1.0
- algerbra - josh, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 10:03pm
you helped me with this chem ques and you got close to 1 how did u get it please help me?You end up with a cubic equation for x. You may have to solve it graphically. Take the root that is between 0 and 1.
As x -> 1, the term on the left approaches
4/[(0.5)(2-2x)^2 ] = 2.27*10^11
2/(1-x)^2 = 2.27*10^11
(1-x) = 3*10^-6
x = 0.999997
You are left with 0.500003 moles O2 and
10^-5 moles CO (the limiting reactant). 1.99999 moles of CO2 are formed
This reaction will, however, be very slow at room temperature. The reaction does not proceed kinetically as written, and requires some O or OH as a chain carrier.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algerbra - solve for x ac+x=xy have all terms with x on one side ac=xy-x take x ...
- 9th grade (Algerbra) - Why did Grok jump up and down the first time he saw a ...
- algerbra - -3b+ac= c-4 solve for c.
- Algerbra - SOLVE.8X+7=6
- algerbra - how to solve 3a+2[2+3a(a-1)]=2(3a+4)
- algerbra - 4x^2/[(1.5-x)(2.0-2x)^2] = = 2.72 x 10^11 solve for x
- Math Pre Algerbra - Need help with Algerbra question two-thirds of a number e 2/...
- algerbra - 3x-2y=8 2x=2y=22 How i solve with substitution?
- Algerbra - Solve the equation 15(x+3)=75
- algerbra - solve by substitution y=0.5x+2 -y=-2x+4