Posted by Kelsey allen on Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:00pm.
I have to write an essay on the drop of the atomic bomb on japan in world war 2.
Our teacher told us president Truman never dropped it on japan but demonstrated the bomb to japan on the effect o it.
However, the internet said it was dropped and japan surrendered
I don't know what to believe???
History - Ana, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:07pm
I very much remember being taught last year that they did drop the bomb. I think it was in 1945, they dropped it on Hiroshima..
History - Kelsey allen, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:10pm
oh interesting, my teacher said they talked to the president of japan and told him to look somewhere and he saw the atomic bomb,Truman just showed the atomic bomb but never used it on Japan.
History - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:15pm
Your teacher is wrong!
Read about the devastation that was wrought by the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
History - Ana, Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:17pm
After Japanese leaders flatly rejected the Potsdam Declaration, President Truman authorized use of the atomic bomb anytime after August 3, 1945. On the clear morning of August 6, the first atomic bomb, nicknamed Little Boy, was dropped on the city of Hiroshima. Leveling over 60 percent of the city, 70,000 residents died instantaneously in a searing flash of heat. Three days later, on August 9, a second bomb, Fat Man, was dropped on Nagasaki. Over 20,000 people died instantly. In the successive weeks, thousands more Japanese died from the after effects of the radiation exposure of the blast.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History: atomic bomb - Is it true that the U.S. used the atomic bomb on Japan to...
- US history - After dropping two atomic bombs on Japan, the United States: 1. ...
- HISTORY - Why did Truman decide to use the atomic bomb against Japan?
- history - i've found three reasons to why the atomic bomb shouldnt have been ...
- his - in august 1945 the US dropped the atomic bomb on japan what are the ...
- History - Why did Truman decide to use the atomic bomb on Japan i need 3 ideas ...
- U.S. History (Check, Please!)(REED) - 1. What was the Doolittle Raid? A: The ...
- us history - list two reasons that stereotypes creted by propaganda may gave ...
- History - What factors besides ending the war in the Pacific, might have ...
- Global History - what factors besides enfing the war in the pacific might have ...