Posted by Donna on Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 9:35am.
A right rectangle and a right triangle prism have the same height. If the lenght of the side of the rectangle base is twice the width, explain how to determine the area of the triangular base in terms of the rectangle base length.
- math - Reiny, Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 11:11am
What is a "right rectangle" ????
Check your typing, your question makes no sense to me.
- math - Donna, Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 11:54am
A right rectangular and right triangular prism. This is what the question said.
- math - Reiny, Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 12:17pm
ahhh, now you changed the wording.
Let the width of rectangle be x
then its length is 2x
Volume of rectangular prism = (2x^2)(h)
Volume of triangular prism = Area of base(h)
area of base = Volume of triangular prism/h
= Volume of triangular prism/(Volume of rectangular prism/2x^2)
= 2x^2(Volume of triangular prism)/(Volume of rectangular prism
Do the two prisms have the same volume ?
Check your question again.
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 8:33pm
What is the height if the length is 6ft and the width is 4 ft of rectangular prisms
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 6:43pm
A prism has a volume of 8 ft3. What is the volume of the prism in cubic inches?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - a right rectangle and a right triangle prism have the same height. If the...
- algebra - sooo confusing... 6. (¼ + 7/8)(9/13) A81/13 B17/104 C81/104 D17/29 E17...
- calculus - A rectangle is to be inscribed in a right triangle having sides of ...
- calculus - the base of a triangle is 2 cm shorter than the width of a rectangle...
- 5th grade - For each right triangle, draw the rectangle made by drawing sides ...
- algebra - a1. Simplify 5 + (7-1)2/6 A11 B41/6 C51/6 D7 E17/6 F23 b2. Simplify (...
- math - a rectangle and a triangle have equal areas. the lenght of the rectangle ...
- Math - A mechanical engineering student wishes to inscribe a rectangle in a ...
- Math - In the figure below, the diagonal line divides the rectangle into halves ...
- algebra 1 - Evan is making a table that will be created in the shape of the ...