Posted by LeAnn/Emergency Help Please on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 8:37pm.
This Question is in multiple sections.
f(x)= -2x^2+2x+10 is the problem
1)What is the x coordinate of vertex in simplified fraction?
2)What is the y coordinate of vertex in simplified fraction?
3)What is the line of symmetry?
4)What is the maximum/minumum of f(x)?
5)The value of f(1/2)=21/2 is minimum or maximum?
Can you please explain these steps to me in detail so that I get it. I'm preparing for a final in a couple days and have a couple last minute questions about certain problems on my algebra before I do my final. Thank You!!!
Algebra 1B - bobpursley, Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 9:12pm
1). Put the equation in the form of
Then the vertex will be at h,k
so h=1/2, k= 10.5
line of symettry is as x=h
max.min is at x=h, so max is 10.5
Algebra 1B - LeAnn/Emergency Help Please, Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 9:35pm
Thank you!!!! Now, can you please tell me how to choose the correct graphing without actually seeing everything right in front of you?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA - Find the vertex, the line of symmetry, the maximum or minimum value of...
- Math - When completing the square: 5x^2 + 10x - 20 5 ( x^2 + 2x) -20 = 0 5 ( x...
- maths - how do i find out the the equation of the line of symmetry for f(x)=ax^2...
- Algebra - Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry for the graph of y=5(x-2...
- algebra 2 - what is the y-intercept, the x-coordinate of the vertex and the ...
- Algebra - A problem involving a ball being thrown in the air is modeled with a ...
- algebra urgently need help - I have been working on these 2 problems and I think...
- algebra need help soon - I have been working on these 2 problems and I think I ...
- Algebra - I need a jump start in setting up the equations etc when solving for ...
- algebra I need immediate help with this question T - The 2nd question has a ...