Posted by Marie on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 12:57pm.
using echelon method
pls help with problem. Once I get 24x -2y 36 I'm confused after that.
- Math - Reiny, Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 1:44pm
Somebody expects you to solve a 2 by 2 system using matrices with echelon reduced form ??
That's like going to the corner store to buy milk in an 18 wheeler tractor-trailer.
Furthermore the system has no solutions, since if you multiply the first by 5, you get
20x - 10y = 45
now subtract the two to get
0 = 18
CONTRADICTION, so no solution.
- Math - Marie, Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 2:03pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math,algebra II - I need someone to explain to me step by step the process of ...
- Math check - 1.(2x)(10x) A)20x* B)12x C)20x^2 D)5x 2.-3m(m + 8) A)-3m^2 + 24 B...
- algebra - Did I do this problem the correct way if so is there a shorter way to ...
- Finite Math - Discuss the differences between the echelon method and the gauss-...
- Math - I'm extemely lost at some point, how do you solve this equation by using...
- math - Find the product 1. (2x)(10x) (1 point) 20x 12x 20x^2 5x 2. –3m(m + 8) (...
- math - What is the difference between Gauss Jordan method and the Echelon method
- alg2 check? - solve 3(8x-2)=46-2(12x+1) 24x-6=46-24x+2 24x-6=48-24x 48x-6=48 48x...
- Math - 4x^3-20x^2-24x
- Math - solving using the solution method. x+10y=41 x+9y=37 =