Posted by Katelee on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:10pm.
Ken is about to eat a bag of M&M's on the 4th of July. The number of each color M&M is listed below.
a)If Ken picks the first M&M out of the bag without looking. What is the chance he will pick a brown one to match his eyes?
b)What is the chance his first one will match a color in the America flag?
- math 4th grade - Shamaree, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:33pm
A.10 to 54 which simplifies to 5 to 27
B.13 to 54
- math 4th grade - MathMate, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:36pm
Number of browns: Nb=10
Total number of M&M : N=11+8+13+7+10+5
Probability of picking a brown = Nb/N
Similar for the colours in the American flag:
Total number of blue & red: Nf=5+8
Probability : Nf/N
- math 4th grade - Amanda, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 11:59pm
- math 4th grade - Aaliyah, Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 7:41pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm posting corrections from yesterday in ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - I'm re-posting corrections originally from ...
- Probability help!? - I have a bag of 20 m&m's. 6 are red; 7 are blue; 4 are ...
- Math - 1. A bag contains red, blue, green, and yellow marbles. Seth takes a ...
- 4th grade math - pilar has 4 marbles in a bag .they are green,red,blue,and ...
- statistics - 6. You read in a book about bridge that the probability that each ...
- math 4th grade - If Sally gave a survey with five colors listed and ask each ...
- Math - A bag of chocolate candies has the following colors: 5 yellow, 7 green, 8...
- 4th grade math - I have 5 more red pins than yellow pins and 8 more yellow pins ...
- Math - Becky found $2.00 in her back pocket when she got dressed this morning. ...