Posted by Max on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:25pm.
Assuming that achieving replacement-level fertility is desirable, is the assumption of 0 years to reach replacement fertility realistic, optimistic, or pessimistic?
A) Because achieving replacement-level fertility will not drop until people desire smaller families.
B) Because achieving replacement-level fertility is a process influenced by many social factors.
C) Because economic status for large numbers of people does not change overnight.
D) Because cultural preferences do not change overnight.
E) All of the above.
Human Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:27pm
B. is the best answer.
Human Geography - Max, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:38pm
I know it shouldn't be realistic. I don't know whether it is optimistic or pessimistic though.
Human Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:45pm
That depends upon which country and culture you mean.
In some places populations are below replacement fertility. In other places it's above replacement fertility. As countries become more affluent, people gradually have less children. Rereading your question, it's optimistic to assume this will happen in 0 years.
Human Geography - Max, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:46pm
Human Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 9:12pm
Indian women still have more children than replacement rate, but it's been decreasing over the last few years.
Human Geography - Max, Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 10:38pm
Could the answer possibly be E because it seems as if there could be more than one answer to the question?
Human Geography - Riddhi, Monday, September 19, 2011 at 4:43pm
the answer really is b out of all the other possiblites lyke if u read the textbok its their
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Human Geography-Mrs. Sue - Assuming that achieving replacement-level fertility ...
- Science Environmental - Suppose that all women in the world today began bearing ...
- environmental science - Starting with a hypothetical population of 14,000 ...
- environmental science for college - Starting with a hypothetical population of ...
- Math - There are 12 card numbered 1 to 12 in a box. If tow cards are selected, ...
- science - Exercise 2. Starting with a hypothetical population of 14,000 people ...
- statistics - suppose the replacement times for washing machines are normally ...
- chemistry - I A QUESTION WHAT IS Mg+HCL->MgCL2 +H2 IS IT SYNTHESIS, SINGLE ...
- Statistics - a) What is sampling with replacement? (b) What is sampling without ...
- Science 10 - Need examples of food for Chemistry Reactions 1. Synthesis 2. ...