Posted by Ryan on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 2:10pm.
I am really stuck on these problems. I've worked a lot of them but I can't get these. Sometimes I
think I know the answer but I can't show how I got it.
1.) Solve each matrix equation for X.
2X + 5A = B
2.) Find the following matrices: a. AB b. BA
3 2 0
-1 -3 5
3.) Find A-1 by forming A|I and then using row operations to obtain I|B, where A-1 = B, check that
AA-1=I and A-1 A = I
2 4 -4
1 3 -4
2 4 -3
4.) Write the system of linear equations represented by the augmented matrix. Use x,y,z and, if
necessary w,x,y and z for the variables.
7 0 4|-3
0 1 -5|11
2 7 0|6
5.) Use Gaussian elimination to find the complete solution to each system of equations, or show that
3w + 2x - y + 2z = -12
4w – x + y + 2z = 1
w + x + y + z = -2
-2w + 3x + 2y – 3z = 10
6.) Use Cramer’s rule to solve the system
X – 3y + z = -2
x + 2y = 8
2x – y = 1
7.) Use Cramer’s rule to solve the system
2x + 2y + 3z =10
4x – y + z = -5
5x -2y + 6z = 1
Answer this Question
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- Business Communications - The interviewer wants to know why you got a "D" in all...
- business - The interviewer wants to know why you got a D in all your English ...
- Dividing Decimals - I need Help with solving these problems. If you could show ...
- Math - Please check my answers With two parallel lines cut by a transversal, the...
- statistics, are my calculations correct? - classify the following as discrete or...
- Calculus - Integrals - I know I've probably flooded the site or something (Sorry...
- Algebra II - Please check my answers With two parallel lines cut by a ...
- MATH - Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions there are two problems I get ...
- Math - ok we got this packet that has an answer key and we g0tta show our work ...