Posted by larry on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 7:52pm.
i am having a minor difficulty
i've been stuck for over an hour and don't know what to do
i don't know is this right
? = "+" or "-"
# = number
(x-3)^2 + (y-4)^2 = 9
i substitute y
(x-3)^2 + (3-4)^2 = 9
(x-3)^2 + 1 = 9
x^2 - 6x + 9 + 1 = 9
x^2 - 6x + 10 = 9
x^2 - 6x + 1 = 0
(x ? #)(x ? #) = 0
i get to here and now i am stuck
can u correct me if i did something wrong
please and thank you
- re:math - bobpursley, Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 8:10pm
you are correct.
Use the quadratic formula
x= (-b+-sqrt (b^2-4ac))/2a
or do it this way:
take the sqrt of each side
x= 3+sqrt2 or x=3-sqrt2
- re:math - larry, Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 8:16pm
- re:math - bobpursley, Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 9:09pm
Check with your teacher, then.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i am having a minor difficulty i've been stuck for over an hour and don'...
- math - i am having a minor difficulty i've been stuck for over an hour and don't...
- Algebra 2 - would some one please check these for me 1. divide x^2-36y^2 over 5x...
- math - can someone help me on this question ive been stuck on it for almost an ...
- PSYchology 220 - 1.18 (1 pts.) Harry has recently been getting lost in the ...
- Hydrology - I am having difficulty analyzing my lab data. I don't know whether ...
- Math - There's a question I've been having difficulty solving, and I would ...
- Literature - Can someone help me with this what is a tense or exciting moment in...
- Math - Solve: 9x^2 over 144 - 4 over 25 I came out with 18/24 - 8/10 but I dont...
- Math mrs sue - Can you check these? 18% of 90 is what number? i got 16.2 what ...