Posted by Franco on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 9:14am.
Can you tell me which of the following statements are correct? Thank you very much.
1) For my main course I'd like grilled chicken breast (and not a grilled chickne breast) with boiled potatoes and peas.
2)For my starter I'll have a soup of the day and for my dessert (a) home-baked blueberry pie.
3) Would you like turkey with artichokes or lamb with asparagus for you main course?
4) Anything to drink? Yes, I'd like a glass of sparkling water and a grapefruit juice (or some grapefruit juice)
5) Mickey was very rude. He poured the milk shake over Jason.
6) Who dropped the milk shake on the floor?
7) When preparing your project work on an English speaking person, refer to authentic sources and then try to summarise them in your own words. (Try not to copy them word by word.)
8) He drove through the intersection at top speed and failed to stop at a police block.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 9:46am
Ditch all the wording in parentheses.
#2 -- you want "a piece of ... pie" -- unless you really DO want the entire pie!
#3 -- "for your main course?
#4 -- "a glass of grapefruit juice"
#5 & 6 -- "milkshake" (one word)
#7 -- doesn't make sense -- "preparing your project work on an English speaking person" = ??
#7 also -- get rid of the "try to" phrasing. That always gives someone an out! If you want the other person to summarize, then say "summarize" -- if you want the person not to copy, then say "do not copy..."
#8 -- fine
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Do you ever use “a”/an in front of food when you order it in a ...
- HEALTH - IS GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH? DOES GRILLED CHICKEN ...
- english - Is this a good paragraph with correct grammar? The Grilled Cheese ...
- English - Can you please tell me if the following alternatives are all possible...
- English - Can you please check these sentences I'm doubtful about? Thank you. 1)...
- Business Communication - Select the best choice. If commas are unnecessary, ...
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need your help to check a few sentences on job...
- statistics - 4. A researcher is interested in comparing tastiness of different ...
- English - Can you please check if the indefinite article is correct? I followed ...
- Health - is baked chicken healthier than grilled chicken?