Posted by engmath on Monday, February 22, 2010 at 9:52pm.
A car traveling on a flat (unbanked) circular track accelerates uniformly from rest with a tangential acceleration of 1.70 m/s2.The car makes it one quarter of the way around the circle before it skids off the track. Determine the coefficient of static friction between the car and track from these data.
I thought the answer was 0.5449 but its wrong. no matter what I do i keep getting the same answer!
- Physics - bobpursley, Monday, February 22, 2010 at 11:24pm
Why would you think the answer is .5446? I will be happy to critique your work
- Physics - bobpursley, Monday, February 22, 2010 at 11:27pm
you need to round off to three sig digits
- Physics - engmath, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 12:15am
the time it takes to travel π/2 radians is
solve for t
Plug in t and a/r
The force is m*ω^2*r
=1.70pi/9.8= 0.54497 ====> sig figs 0.545
- Physics - engmath, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 12:16am
and that answer comes up as incorrect...
- Physics - Nurik, Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 12:58pm
From which book this tasks?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a race car starts from rest on a circular track.the car increases its ...
- physics - A race car starts from rest on a circular track. The car increases its...
- pyscics - a race car starts from rest on a circular track the car in races as ...
- PHYSICS - super easy (I think) but I must be missing some concept... A race car ...
- Physics - A 1900 car starts from rest and drives around a flat 50--diameter ...
- Physics - A 1900kg car starts from rest and drives around a flat 56-m-diameter ...
- physics - A car starts from rest and travels along a circular track with a ...
- Physics - A car starts from rest and travels along a circular track with a ...
- physics - Car traveling on circular track. Point A is at positive x,y. Point B ...
- physics - A car at the Indianapolis-500 accelerates uniformly from the pit area...