Posted by Mickey on Monday, February 22, 2010 at 6:28pm.
These questions are so confusing. So I was wondering what are each of the formulas to solve each question or what steps I need to take to complete them? I've been trying and I can't find the correct answer.
____ 11. The Dayton Corporation began the current year with a retained earnings balance of $25,000. During the year, the company corrected an error made in the prior year, which was a failure to record depreciation expense of $3,000 on equipment. Also, during the current year, the company earned net income of $12,000 and declared cash dividends of $5,000. Compute the year end retained earnings balance.
____ 13. A corporation has 50,000 shares of $28 par value stock outstanding that has a current market value of $150. If the corporation issues a 4-for-1 stock split, the market value of the stock will fall to approximately
____ 14. The present value of $40,000 to be received in one year, at 6% compounded annually, is (rounded to nearest dollar)
____ 15. The present value of $30,000 to be received in two years, at 12% compounded annually, is (rounded to nearest dollar)
____ 18. Bonds Payable has a balance of $900,000 and Premium on Bonds Payable has a balance of $10,000. If the issuing corporation redeems the bonds at 103, what is the amount of gain or loss on redemption?
a. $1,200 loss
b. $1,200 gain
c. $17,000 loss
d. $17,000 gain
____ 19. A $300,000 bond was redeemed at 103 when the carrying value of the bond was $315,000. The entry to record the redemption would include a
a. loss on bond redemption of $6,000.
b. gain on bond redemption of $6,000.
c. gain on bond redemption of $9,000.
d. loss on bond redemption of $9,000.
____ 20. On January 1, 2010, Zero Company obtained a $52,000, four-year, 6.5% installment note from Regional Bank. The note requires annual payments of $15,179, beginning on December 31, 2010. The December 31, 2012 carrying amount in the amortization table for this installment note will be equal to:
- accounting - al, Friday, October 15, 2010 at 1:58pm
what number 19?
Answer this Question
- Cemistry - Hi, I've been trying to solve this chemical equation for the last 30 ...
- Algebra again - I don't understand how to do this problems: Solve for the ...
- algebra - here is the question: I am confused about the steps I need to follow ...
- algebra - solve by substitution 5x-2y = -5 y - 5x = 3 could someone take a min a...
- calculus - Implicit Differentiation question x^y = y^x I was wondering if I was ...
- Pre-Algebra - this is the question please help me explain what to do its ...
- Math : Algebra - I have a whole page of questions I'm trying to complete that ...
- Physics - I am reviewing for a test and I don't know how to attempt this ...
- Algebra - I was given an answer to a question but what I really need are the ...
- algebra - I have been trying to solve this question, and I am not getting the ...