Posted by Lori on Monday, February 22, 2010 at 12:47pm.
PLEASE HELP!!!NEED TO SOLVE:
PLEASE HELP DUE A.S.A.P. THANK YOU.
Math - PsyDAG, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 12:23pm
Deal with inequalities just like equations, except that you reverse the carats when multiplying or dividing by a negative number.
Is there a typo in the first inequality?
5-(3) < 10(-3)
2 < -30 (That certainly is not true. Think of it in terms of money. Having $2 is not less than owing $30.)
3 < 2x+1 < 9
Subtract 1 from each part.
2 < 2x < 8
Divide each part by 2.
1 < x < 4
Use these principles in the remaining problems.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 1)Solve sin2x=3cosx for all values of x. What do I need to do? 2)Solve e(...
- Math help please - 1. Solve for x. 4(x - b) = x b = 4/3x b = 3/4x x = 4/3b x = 3...
- 6th Grade Math Help Please - Hi, I need help because I'm really stuck on this ...
- Math - solve the equation: 1/3+5/27=4/9-8m-2/3+9m+2/27 please please please i ...
- I really need help! - Hi, I really need instructions. Can someone please tell me...
- Math, Please Help! I don't understand! - I need help because I don't understand ...
- math - Solve this : (8x^3 ) - (168x^2) + ( 864x) = 1120 please >>>>&...
- world history - I need help in s.s . can you please help me with a family tree...
- Math - I SERIOUSLY need help! Solve the linear system by using substitution. x=6...
- Math - I really, really need help! Solve for the indicated variable. 8x+4y=12 ...