Posted by Tamir on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 6:36pm.
Hello, would anyone be willing to check my answers to the following questions?
1. Identify the poetic element used in the following lines from Percy Bysshe Shelley's poem "Ode to the West Wind." The phrase "Thou who didst waken from his summer dreams/The blue Mediterranean, where he lay" has an example of (A) alliteration (B) parallelism (C) internal rhyme (D) personification
2. Identify the device used in the following line from Anna Letitia Barbauld's poem "The Mouse's Petition to Dr. Priestly." The phrase "O hear a pensive prisoner's prayer" has an example of (A) an allusion (B) parallelism (C) alliteration (D) internal rhyme
3. Identify the poetic element used in the following line from John Keats's "On First Looking into Chapman's Homer." The phrase "That deep-brow'd Homer ..." has an example of (A) personification (B) an allusion (C) repetition (D) anaphora
My answers to the above questions are
Thanks in advance.
- British Literature - Writeacher, Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 7:04pm
I agree with your answers for 1 and 3.
2 is incorrect.
- British Literature - Tommy, Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:06pm
yeah 1 & 3 are correct. 2 is alliteration whitch means you repeat a letter in words close together
like-pretty palace painting
- British Literature - jerks, Monday, January 9, 2017 at 12:09pm
i got 1/5 because of u!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature IV - Ode to the West Wind by P.B. Shelley The poem “Ode to the West ...
- British Literature - Hello. I was wondering if someone can review my attempt to ...
- British Lit. - Explain hoW Percy Bysshe Shelley relates the skylark's song to ...
- English - Read the lines from Shelley's "Ode to the West Wind." O thou Who ...
- English - 1. Dialectical poetry is poetry that a uses a unique rhyme scheme and ...
- Reading - The West Wind It’s a warm wind, the west wind, full of birds’ cries; I...
- British Literature - Hello. Can someone help me with scanning a poem? 1. A. Scan...
- English 4 - When the speaker of “Ode to the West Wind” speaks of the impulse of ...
- Literarure(Ozymandias) - How is the poem "Ozymandias" by Percy Shelley a ...
- british literature - review the metrical feet box on page 35 in your study guis ...