Posted by mysterychicken on .
Need help with these--
25. Bacteria and eukaryotes share the characteristic of
b. a cell nucleus
c. a cell membrane
d. all of the above
26. Two ways that bacteria causes disease are
a. toxins are released that break down and absorb host organic nutrients enzymes or enzymes are excreted that poison the host
b. enzymes are released that break down and absorb host organic nutrients or toxins are excreted that poison the host
c. enzymes are released that break down and absorb inorganic nutrients or toxins are excreted that poison the host
d. through the lytic and lysogenic cycles
27. HIV is spread through the body
a. after it replicates and leaves the macrophage by rupturing it
b. by taking it over the host macrophage’s DNA and directing it to attack other cells.
c. by budding from the macrophage and enveloping itself with the host’s cell membrane
d. by attaching the lymphocyte’s CCR5 receptors to itself which fools other lymphocytes.
29. Which kingdom of eukaryotes exhibits the broadest range of characteristics?
29. broadest range of characteristics? I wonder why you excluded Animalia.
27. c is the best answer.
26. b sounds good to me. http://www.earthlife.net/prokaryotes/disease.html#2
25. Bacteria may not have a nucleus, but do have a cell membrane.