Posted by Sylvie on Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 12:44pm.
I am having difficulty witht the following math:
Question #1 If the area of a circle is 27 sq. in. What is the radius? I am coming up with an answer of 13.5 sq. in. Is that correct? If not, can you show me step by step how to get the answer?
Question #2 If the area of a circle is 108 cm to the second power, what is the radius?
- math - 5th grade - Reiny, Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 12:58pm
Grade 5, that's pretty tough
The area of a circle is pi times the radius squared, so work it backwards
divide 27 by pi (on calculator) = 8.594
now take the square root of that to get a radius of 2.93 inches.
your answer is in square inches, that makes no sense.
How did you get 13.5 ?
Do the second question the same way as I showed you for the first, you should get 5.863
- math - 5th grade - Bianca, Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 2:24pm
If your circle is 27 sq in. Here is how you would work it out to find the radius.
A(area)=3.14(pie) times R(radius) times R
27sq in. = 3.14 x R x R=
27sq in/3.14 x R x R=
8.59 sq in x R =
8.59 sq rt= 2.93
So your radius = 2.93
hope this helps
- math - 5th grade - wendy, Monday, May 10, 2010 at 8:10pm
i need help with my home work so whats another name for 3/8? and whats another name for 5/12 and whats another name for 6/10??? thank you
- math - 5th grade - Gavin. Last name=Benda, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 4:52pm
I'm in the 1st grade! no joke! And Wendy the answer is For five tenths is one half!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade math - The radius of circle M is 3 times the radius of circle P. If ...
- Updated Math Question - The radius of circle A is 9 times greater than the ...
- 8th grade math - circle A has a raduis that is twice the length og the raduis of...
- math - The area of a circle is given by the formula A = ğr2, where r is the ...
- Math - I have a question my brother asked me but I need a math expert. You have ...
- math - how do i get the area of a circle????????????? area of a circle=pi * ...
- math - A circle has an area of 25 pi cm^2.If a circle is drawn within that ...
- Math - The radius of circle A is 9 times greater than the radius of circle B. ...
- Algebra - The area of a circle is given by the formula A+pier^2, where r is the ...
- Maths - 1. In the xy-coordinate plane, point A is the midpoint of the segment ...