Posted by Franco on Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 5:35am.
Thank you for your last corrections!
Can you help me check these sentences, too?
1) For lunch I went to my parents' house (or is it better: I had lunch at my parents' house?)
2) For the rest of my holiday(S) I did my homework (or I spent the rest of my holidays doing my homowork)
3) I used all my pocket money giving presents (or on Christmas presents?)
4) My team and I went to Geneva (or I went to Geneva with my football team?)
5) We went out in the most famous streets of London (or We went out for a walk in the most famous streets of London)
6)For my dessert I had chocolate cake (or a chocolate cake or a slice of ..)
7) How would you comment on this mistake: I ate different Christmas dish. Them object must agree with the verb (??)
- English - GuruBlue, Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 8:42am
I had lunch at my parent's house is more conversational.
It is just one holiday. This one would be better.
I spent the rest of my holiday doing my homowork
I used all my pocket money on Christmas presents
#4. both are fine.
We went for a walk in the most famous streets of London
For my dessert I had chocolate cake
7. I ate different Christmas dish
You didn't eat the "dish". You can say, For Christmas dinner I ate .....which I had never eaten before.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you check the grammar in the following sentences, please? Thanks a...
- English - Can you please check the following statements with me? Thank you very ...
- English - Can you please check these other sentences I'm not sure of? Thank you...
- English - Can you please check these sentences, please? Thank you. 1) The bus ...
- English - Please say hello to your parents. Give my best wishes to your parents...
- Art - Can you please check these statements, Writeacher. Thank you. 1) If I hadn...
- English - I forgot to include the following statements. Thank you very much for ...
- Art - Could you please check the following corrections? Thank you, Writeacher 1...
- 3 grade english ms sue - SEQUENCE OF EVENTS THE SEQUENCE OF EVENTS IN A STORY IS...
- English - A last doubt. I hope you can have a look at it. 1)How can I check this...