Posted by scooby on Friday, February 19, 2010 at 9:55pm.
I choose fourth grade Physical Educational standards in my state which is Wisconsin.
Leading an Active Lifestyle
By the end of fourth grade the students will be able to identify several less violent to energetic, strong, and active physical activities that will provide their personal pleasure. The students will also be able to describe the healthful benefits that are from the physical activity. The students will also pick what physical activity they want to improve their skills and to maintain a great health.
Physical Skill Development
By the end of fourth grade the students will show progress on all movement. They will mature on skills like throwing and catching a ball as well as kicking a football. The students will also begin to show experience in specialized movement. Specialized movement could pass a basketball to a moving teammate.
By the end of fourth grade the students will work on im[roving personal performance in specialized motor skills and fundamental skills. For example running, catching, and throwing. The students will also be able to apply and identify the critical elements of highly skilled performance to development. Finally, the students will be able to recognize and apply concepts that affect the quality of increasingly complex movement performance. An example of this could be constantly hitting a ball with the bat without missing.
Understanding Physical Activity and Well Being
By the end of fourth grade the student sill enjoy participating in a physical activity such as playing basketball. The students will also celebrate success and achievements as themselves and of others. Finally the students will use physical activity as a self-expression.
By the end of fourth grade the students will be able to describe weaknesses and personal strengths. The students will also be able to elevate the weaknesses to strengths. The students will be able to identify activities to each component of physical fitness.
By the end of forth grade the students will know the safety in each activity. The students will also be able to follow the activities rules and procedures with little reinforcement. The students will accept the teacher’s decision. The students will also be able to work with a partner to improve each other’s skills. For short periods of time the students will work independently
During physical activity the students will explore ethnic and cultural self-awareness. The students will accept people from their different backgrounds and cultures. The can do this through dances and playing games.
can you help me answer these questions please. thanks
How might the state standards affect your planning and instruction for this subject? Provide an example of how you may implement one or two of these standards in the classroom
- classroom instruction (final) - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 10:12pm
As a phys ed teacher in the early grades, you need to work on all of these standards.
For instance, for physical skill development, the students will play softball and basketball. Each student should be on small enough teams that they all get many opportunities to participate. They should also have much practice shooting baskets and playing catch or hitting balls to classmates. The teacher will act as coach, advising and helping individual students improve these skills.
- classroom instruction (final) - scooby, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 10:35pm
As a Physical Education teacher in the early grades, I need to work on all of these standards. I will have to place the student into a small group. Breaking the students up into a small group it will allow the students to get the many opportunities to participate. For example if they were playing softball. We would need a catcher, pitcher, someone to cover each base, shortstop, 3 outfielders, and a few substitutes to fill in others. The students should practice hitting baseballs or playing catch with others. I myself the teacher, will act as a coach. I will help each individual student improve their skills and weaknesses.
how does that sound. i am about 91 words short. can you help me with more ideas please.
- classroom instruction (final) - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 10:37pm
Your instructions say to choose one or two standards.
Choose another standard and tell how you will plan to be sure students meet these goals.
- classroom instruction (final) - kay , Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 12:06pm
can we buy a hard cover book for this class?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- classroom instruction 9not sure if i am right) - • Search the Internet to locate...
- classroom instruction - Search the Internet to locate and review your state’s ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Monday, July 13, 2015 at 9:33am. Lesson Plan .... ...
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - help with this please: Write a 200- to 300-word response ...
- 5th grade math - In the fourth grade class at Baker Elementary, 9 students are ...
- MATH - there are 400 students at smith Elementary school 1/4 of the students are...
- social studies - Interview a) Interview a teacher in the elementary grades ...
- EED 364 - 1) Observe an elementary mathematics lesson. Write an essay of 1,500-1...
- AED - I need help: consider that educational goals and standards reflect the ...
- THE ROLES OF HOME, SCHOOL AND SOCIETY - [Consider] that educational goals and ...