1. Answer 2 = sonné alone is not sufficient. For the passé composé you also require the auxiliary (helping) verb: a sonné
3. Answer 2 = sont rentrés
4. Answer 2 = parlais
You did not state that one verb was to be the imparfait and the other passé composé, but it's obvious. However, if you know that in advance, it's a good idea to state that as well.
5. This could be several things but I choose: 1. ai répondu, 2. parlais OR 1. répondais, 2. j'ai parlé (So either I did answer that I was speaking OR I was answering that I did speak.
1. ont attendu = if they DID wait OR attendaient = if they WERE waitING. Sometimes ONLY the speaker can determine which one. This is out of context.
2. You need to learn the verbs "in the house of être" and hopefully someone taught you "Dr & Mrs Vandertamp" as each letter there represents a verb requiring être in the passé composé.
D = descendre
r = rester
M = monter
r = retourner
s = sortir
V = venir
a = arriver
n = naître
d = devenir
e = entrer
r = rentrer
t = tomber
r = revenir
a = aller
m = mourir
p = passer
OR line them up with opposites if possible (16)
aller & venir
arriver & partir
entrer & sortir
monter & descendre
revenir, retourner, rentrer
tomber, rester, devenir
naître & mourir
Here is "The House of Être" and if you blow it up, it's easier to see:
2. est arrivé & sont montés
3. the first could also be "cherchaient" especially if what you are learning is the contrast between l'imparfait et le passé composé. est parti
4. Both verbs could be l'imparfait for description: était & avait
5. est entré = he could have entered and asked for the tickets (both verbs passé composé) or the 2nd verb could be description = he was asking for = demandait
6. either "did" or "was...+ing"
When the instructions merely said "au passé" to me that leaves it up to the interpretation of the reader!
Sra (aka Mme)
French - Sra could you please check my french post again.
French 1 - Can anyone check my french work please??
FRENCH WORK ASAP - please please someone check my work I don't understand it ...
Franny - I need to write a poem in french. I was looking for examples of french ...
Human Geo. - Are there any squatter settlemets in French Guiana? Is there any ...
French(easy question) - Translate all this french into english. I did all of it ...
French - Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. "Tout le monde le ...
French 1 - I'm doing a family tree for french and I was asking if anyone could ...
French - What's "are you there yet?", "having fun?" and "check our inbox when ...
french - i want to learn this language. Please write some french sentences and ...