1. Answer 2 = sonné alone is not sufficient. For the passé composé you also require the auxiliary (helping) verb: a sonné
3. Answer 2 = sont rentrés
4. Answer 2 = parlais
You did not state that one verb was to be the imparfait and the other passé composé, but it's obvious. However, if you know that in advance, it's a good idea to state that as well.
5. This could be several things but I choose: 1. ai répondu, 2. parlais OR 1. répondais, 2. j'ai parlé (So either I did answer that I was speaking OR I was answering that I did speak.
1. ont attendu = if they DID wait OR attendaient = if they WERE waitING. Sometimes ONLY the speaker can determine which one. This is out of context.
2. You need to learn the verbs "in the house of être" and hopefully someone taught you "Dr & Mrs Vandertamp" as each letter there represents a verb requiring être in the passé composé.
D = descendre
r = rester
M = monter
r = retourner
s = sortir
V = venir
a = arriver
n = naître
d = devenir
e = entrer
r = rentrer
t = tomber
r = revenir
a = aller
m = mourir
p = passer
OR line them up with opposites if possible (16)
aller & venir
arriver & partir
entrer & sortir
monter & descendre
revenir, retourner, rentrer
tomber, rester, devenir
naître & mourir
Here is "The House of Être" and if you blow it up, it's easier to see:
2. est arrivé & sont montés
3. the first could also be "cherchaient" especially if what you are learning is the contrast between l'imparfait et le passé composé. est parti
4. Both verbs could be l'imparfait for description: était & avait
5. est entré = he could have entered and asked for the tickets (both verbs passé composé) or the 2nd verb could be description = he was asking for = demandait
6. either "did" or "was...+ing"
When the instructions merely said "au passé" to me that leaves it up to the interpretation of the reader!
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer this Question
French - Could you please check these thanks. Part 1 Directions: Choose the ...
french - Can you check these it's based on Le passé composé: être ou avoir. ...
French - Could you please check these Thanks you!!! Directions: Complétez Part 1...
French - i have to describe 5 rooms in my house. i have to write 6 sentences for...
French - We just learned about the pronouns leur and lui. I really don't ...
French - Can you check these thanks part 1 directions: Exprimez d'une autre faç...
french - Can you please check these thanks. Part 1: Complétez 1-2. On peut ...
French - Can you please check these thanks. Directions: Identify each person ...
French - Could you please check these thanks. Directions: Complétez avec quel et...
french - Could you check these thanks. Directions: Répondez en utilisant un ...