Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, February 19, 2010 at 1:59pm.
39. A) Identify a producer, herbivore, omnivore, and carnivore [in the ocean], explaining their roles in the path of energy flow.
One producer in the ocean is algae; they provide energy. Krill are herbivores, which means that they feed off of plants. An omnivore could be cod, which eats both plants and animals. A carnivore is the killer whale which eats only animals.
I've identified the 4 things but I need help answering the last part of the question... 'explain their roles in the path of energy flow'
- Biology - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 2:06pm
I think you've already briefly explained their roles.
Check this site.
- Biology - mysterychicken, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 2:18pm
That's a great site. Thanks
- Biology - mysterychicken, Friday, February 19, 2010 at 2:22pm
Need help answering this as well:
B) Explain where a detritivore and a decomposer could enter this path. Explain what they feed on on the systems.
This is what I know:
Detritivores include worms and fungal and bacterial decomposers. Detritivores are organisms that obtain their energy from the organic wastes and dead bodies that are produced at trophic levels. Bacteria and fungi are known as decomposers because they cause decay. Decomposition of bodies and wastes releases nutrients back into the environment to be recycled by other organisms.
How can I answer the first part?
Answer this Question
- Food Chain - Which diagram shows how energy flows through a food chain? A. ...
- Biology - I am not sure how to label each of the following plants,animals and ...
- science - h t t p: / / tinypic . co m/r/f2vw1w/3 In the link above (take out the...
- Living environment - IN a natural community in New York State, the producer ...
- general science - Increasing depths in the ocean causes a what in sunligh. ...
- Science - Which of the following describes how matter moves between producers, ...
- Science-2questions - Which of the following describes how matter moves between ...
- Biology - What are secondary consumers considered as? Are the carnivore, ...
- Science - Roseate spoonbills are wading birds that live in the Everglades of ...
- Science 7R - what is a carnivore? herbivore? omnivore?