Posted by Courtney on Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:04pm.
Polly decides to use a wall of the house as one sideof the rectangular dog pen. She plans to use the 24 ft. of fencing (1 ft. sections) for the other 3 sides. What are the dimensions ofthe best dog pen for polly's poodle? Explain
- geometry - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:11pm
I helped you with the last problem. Now it's your turn.
What do you think are the best dimensions?
We'll be glad to check your answer.
- geometry - Courtney, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:18pm
A = l + w
the best dimensions would be lenght 10 feet and width 4 feet
24 - 4 = 20
20 divided by 2 (lenght) 10
10 by 10 by 4 = 24
- geometry - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:32pm
If one length is along the house, then you still have 24 feet to divide among three sides.
- geometry - Courtney, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:36pm
24 divided by 3 (sides) = 8
8 divided by 2 (sides) = 4
24 - 4 = 20
20 divided by 2 (sides) = 10
10 by 10 by 4 = 24 feet of fencing
- geometry - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:39pm
You don't need fencing along the wall of the house.
How about dimensions of 12 by 6, with 12 feet along the house?
12 + 6 + 6 = 24 feet of fencing.
- geometry - mike, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:39pm
i almost thought this was an optimization problem
- geometry - Courtney, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 7:53pm
i kinda understand but not sure how i write the problem up
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - polly wants to build a rectangular dog pen for her poodle. She has ...
- Math - A rectangular dog pen is to be constructed using a barn wall as one side ...
- Math - You are designing a rectangular dog pen off the back of your house. The...
- calculus - a farmer wants to make a rectangular pen from 200 feet of fencing. he...
- Geometry - A farmer wants to fence in a rectangular pen using the wall of a barn...
- Math - Andy plans to build a rectangular dog pen in his backyard. A portion of ...
- calculus optimization problem - A farmer has 460 feet of fencing with which to ...
- Pre-Algebra-math - Mr.Jones bought 20 yards of fencing to make a pen for his dog...
- College Algebra Word Problem - A rectangular dog pen is to be made to enclose an...
- math - Trent wants to build a rectangular pen for his animals. One side of the ...