Posted by colt on Monday, February 15, 2010 at 6:05pm.
I need an answer to the analogy
- 5th grade - Randi, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 6:07pm
fifteen divided by five is three.
To complete the analogy, divide nine by three. (Your answer is three)
- 5th grade (math) - drwls, Monday, February 15, 2010 at 6:26pm
If the "analogy" is to preserve ratios on both sides, then the answer is 3. If the analogy is to preserve the difference, the answer is -1.
This is not a good way to teach fifth grade math, or analogies, in my opinion. The problem would be better stated as
15/5 = 9/x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade speeling - fifteen: five:: nine: _ _ _ _ _
- 5th grade - fifteen:five::nine:_ _ _ _ _ i can't figure it out...
- spelling - What is the next analogy? Fifteen:Five::Nine:????????
- spelling - what is the answer to this analogy? must start with the letters scr, ...
- maths - (Write the following expressions using numbers,parentheses and other ...
- 5th grade - Need help with an analogy. brother : mother fly : _ _ _ _
- math - Write an explicit formula for the sequence one-half, three-sevenths, one-...
- spelling - fifteen:five::nine:?
- Analogies - Fifteen:five::nine:_________ please help?
- Spelling--Analogies - Fifteen:five::nine:___________?