Posted by John on Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 4:26pm.
My problem has to do with linking verbs. I know the obvious linking verbs: forms of "be", is,etc. But I don't know if words such as "during", "a chance that". I am very confused. Thanks for your help.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 4:38pm
The words you've listed are not verbs, but you are right that there are linking verbs other than the form of the verb "to be."
and others can be used as linking verbs.
She seems happy.
They became angry.
It tastes good.
Here are some websites with more information:
Scroll down to Linking...
If you have specific questions or if there are sentences/phrases/clauses about which you have questions, please be sure to re-post.
English - John, Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 4:48pm
Thank you. I will check out the websites. If I still have problems I will repost.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 5:04pm
You're welcome. =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Launguage Arts 6th feet - Does anyone know a website that i can go and ...
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- english - which sentence contains a predicate noun? Hoover will lead the group ...
- Language Arts - Could you give me examples of action verbs, linking verbs and ...
- English - I have a few question on linking verbs: 1. I am fond of both kinds of ...
- English - linking, transitive, and intransitives verbs? would the sentence "the ...
- linking verbs - Is were a linking verb in this sentence? The chidren ...
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...
- linking verbs - what is the linking verb conecting in the sentence: In daylight...
- English Expression - 1. Paying attention to "linking", listen carefully. 2. Mark...