Posted by Hannah on Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 11:31am.
1) Find the Asymptotes:
y = -2 sec 2pi x
pi/2b and 3pi/2b
pi/2(2pi) = pi/4 and 3pi/4
Is this correct?
2) Find the period and asymptotes:
y = 1/2 sec pi x / 2
b = pi/2 I do not know how to find the period of asymptotes for this one. My original answer was 1 for the period and pi and 3pi for the asymptotes.
- Pre-Cal(Please check) - Anonymous, Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 11:57am
y = -2 sec 2pi x
when the argument is PI/2, or 3PI/2 of the secant function, it is inf
2PI x =PI/2
x= 1/4 or x= 3/4 is the x value of the asymptote.
2. PIx/2=PI/2 or 3PI/2
x=1 or x=3 is asympotes
period? here is a neat way to memorize finding frequency and period.
You should know this could also be written as sin w*x, where w(omega) is the angular frequency (2PI f) or 2PI/period
So where we have sec PIx/2
convert it PI*x/2=2PIx/2 * 1/period
period= 1/f= 1
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- trig - Solve cos x-1 = sin^2 x Find all solutions on the interval [0,2pi) a. x=...
- Pre-Calculus-check answers - State the period and phase shift of the function y...
- APCalculus - For the function y=2sin(x)-cos^2(x) on [0, 2pi] find the following...
- Pre-Cal(Please check) - Approximate the equation's solutions in the interval (0,...
- pre cal - cosA (-7/25) pi < A < 3pi/2 sin B= -3/5 3pi/2 <B<2pi
- trig - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- TRIG - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- calculus - given the graph of f(x) = x sinx, 0<=x<=2pi assuming that a ...
- Math - In the interval 0 </ x < 2pi, determine the equations of all ...
- math - 1)Find the amplitude of y=6cos4theta A)3/2 B)6 C)4 D)pi/2 I chose B 2)...