Posted by brit brat on Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 8:10pm.
which ststement does NOT describe prescripitivists?
A. Language should be recoreded,not judgement.
B. Language use should follow strict rules.
C. Language use should never change
D. Language use should be judged and evaluated.
.The answer i choose is c.
.Am i correct?.
Linguistics - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 8:14pm
Please make sure your school subject appears in the appropriate box.
I disagree with your answer. Check this explanation of prescriptivism.
linguistic - brit brat, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 8:18pm
ok so after readig that i think the answer is a..
helpmplz - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 8:21pm
You're right. It's the descriptionists who believe that language should be recorded as it is used; it should not be judged.
helpmplz - leslie, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 8:38pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- help - Which statement does NOT describe prescriptivists? A}Language should be ...
- prescriptivists - which statement does NOT describe prescriptivists? A} language...
- english - You've been assigned to invite a group of mechanical engineering ...
- English - If you've been assigned to invite a group of mechanical engineering ...
- psych - Language Paper (12 points): This paper should be posted as a Word ...
- English - Can you proofread this revision and tell me if it looks correct? Thank...
- teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - 1.you should serve meals ...
- Language Arts - In What ways is the use of descriptive language in the two poems...
- foreign language - Hi there! I know two languages so far English and Russian. (I...
- Computer Science - Define a language that is not a regular language using a ...