Posted by Debre Rolon on Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 2:17pm.
I am working on an argumentive essay.
My argument is to add a pick up lane in front of my son's elementary school.I am finding it dificult to come up with the right words for my topic and the first maint point. Can somebody get me started? Please.
- English composition - Writeacher, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 2:22pm
First of all, become very familiar with this website:
It's excellent. There's a link across the top, toward the right, just for argumentative essays.
Ask yourself this: Exactly what do you want to prove is right about this topic?
Let us know.
- English composition - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 2:23pm
Let's start with your thesis statement -- something like:
XXX Elementary School should add a pick-up lane in front of the school.
Then think of three reasons to support your statement. Those reasons will provide the body of your argument, probably a paragraph for each.
After you get that far, if you post your essay draft, we'll be glad to read it and comment on it.
These sites should help you.
(Broken Link Removed)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - what would be a great topic for an argumentive essay
- English - I'm trying to come up with a title for my essay and it can't be more ...
- English - In 25-50 words, describe what a thesis statement does. Once you have ...
- Composition - Which topic do you think would be easier to research for an ...
- English - What is different in middle school compared with elementary school? In...
- Writing - Need some suggestions on how to create a argumentive rough draft apa ...
- English - I'm having trouble coming up with a good title for my essay. It's an ...
- writing - Can you tell me what type of essay I would be writing in response to ...
- English 9 - I have a question about the short story "Son" by John Updike. Is "...
- Literature - I have to write a persuasive essay on a certain topic. My topic is...