Posted by val on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:17pm.
the length of a rectangular garden is 5 feet longer than its width. The garden is surrounded by a 2-foot-wide-sidewalk. The sidewalk has an area of 76 square feet. Find the dimensions of the garden
- 8th grade algebra - Reiny, Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 11:55pm
Let the width of the garden be x ft
then the length is x+5 ft.
area = x(x+5)
width of garden with sidewalk = x+4
length of garden with sidewalk = x+9
(x+4)(x+9) - x(x+5) = 76
solve, the x^2 will drop out
- 8th grade algebra - Safia, Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 3:02pm
X^2 will drop and we will combine the like terms(13x and -5x) and 36 will go to the other side
L=10ft since L=x+5
- 8th grade algebra - anna, Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 8:58pm
Area of living room with length being X+5 and width being 20
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- alg 1 - the length of a rectangular garden is 8 feet longer than the width. The ...
- MATH - I HAVE A GARDEN THE WIDTH OF MY GARDEN IS 8FT LONGER THAN THE LENGHT OF ...
- math - You are planning a vegetable garden and you lay out a rectangular design...
- MATH: Pre-Cal/Trig - The length of a rectangular flower garden is 6 more feet ...
- algebra1 Help pleASE - A gardener wants to create a rectangular vegetable ...
- Math - the length of a rectangular garden exceeds its width by 8 feet. if each ...
- math - A farmer has a rectangular garden plot surrounded by 200 ft of fence. ...
- math - A rectangular garden is 20 m by 25m. It is surrounded by a sidewalk. The ...
- Math - A square flower garden and a sidewalk around the garden have an area of ...
- algebra - The length of a rectangular garden is 5 ft less than 3 times its width...