Posted by lea on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 6:49pm.
I need help forming an equation for this word problem..
A long distance phone company charges $0.027 per minute and a $2 monthly fee. Another long distance phone company charges $0.035 per minute with no monthly fee. Find the number of minutes for which the charges for both companies would be the same.
What is the cost?
I don't want the answer, I just need help putting the equation together.
- math - drwls, Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7:57pm
Let the the number of minutes.
Let X be the month's charge of Company A
Let Y be the month's charge of Company B
X = 2 + 0.027 t
Y = 0.035 t
Sewt X = Y and solve for t.
2 = 0.008 t
t = 2/0.008 = ___ minutes
- math - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 12:47am
- Please help!!! ASAP - Connie, Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 9:20am
This is for a project for Beginning Algebra at Great Bridge Middle School 8th grade class. Here's the questions:
The number of companies offering cell phone service has grown rapidly in recent years. The plans they offer vary greatly and it can be difficult to select the plan that is the best cost effect. All three phone plans are offer reliable service, equal phone quality, and equivalent extensive network coverage.
Plan One: A $25 per month fee and a charge of $0.32 per minute. Must purchase a $19.99 phone with a contract for 1 year. Free roaming and long distance .
Plan Two: A $30 per month fee plus a charge of 0.30 cent per minute. Must purchase a $70 phone with a $40 rebate and sign a 2 year contract. Unlimited minutes on weekend.
Plan Three: A $28 per month fee plus $30 per minute. Free phone for new customers with unlimited anytime network minutes.
Develop an equation that would represent the total cost of each plan at the beginning of the month.
Develop an equation that would represent the total cost of each plan after the first month.
Find the total cost of each plan if you used 800 day-time minutes.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Word Problem - Word problems confuse me >_> You are choosing ...
- Algebra - Need help with these please--- 2. A long distance phone company has a ...
- Algebra - 2. A long distance phone company has a monthly fee of $7.95 and ...
- Math - the international links long-distance phone company charges no monthly ...
- Math - Long distance Phone Company A charges a base rate of $5.00 per month plus...
- algebra - One phone company charges a fee of $1 and $.50 a minute. Another ...
- Math - I'm not sure how i'm supposed to set up the equation to solve this. A ...
- ALGEBRA - A phone company charges $0.40 per long distance call plus $0.20 per ...
- math - walkie talkie phone company charges $18.00 for basic phone service per ...
- math - Phone company A charges $20 per month plus $.15 per minute used. Phone ...