Posted by Karen on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:38pm.
I can't find the answer to this anywhere! Help?
What did Henry II do that solidified his power as king but led to economic problems and helped incite conflict with the church?
- executed all bishops who were opposed to his rule
- gave enormous financial gifts to the nobility to gain their support in his conflict with the church
- built and rebuilt castles throughout the land
- bribed corrupt bishops to gain their support and divide the church
- all of the above
The praise of the prioress in The Canterbury Tales is an example of
- elegiac writing.
- third person omniscient narrative.
- third person limited narrative.
- unreliable narrator.
12. Which pilgrim develops a logical friendship with the Pardoner?
- the Prioress
- the Knight
- the Host
- the Narrator
History / English - GuruBlue, Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:54pm
After you have done your reading and answered these questions, please repost with YOUR answers and we will be happy to make suggestions/corrections if needed.
History / English - Karen, Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 1:58pm
I did the reading, but the first one we have to do a web search and I checked all the sites she recommended and it's not on there. I think it would be all of the above, but it never said. The next one could be unreliable, since she's not like she's being described. And the last one I think is the summoner (I forgot to put him on there)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Lit - I have a question about Henry II. What did he do that solidified ...
- AP English - Which of the following is a factor that can help account for the ...
- English - Which of the following is a factor that can help account for the great...
- us history - i need help finding a topic of conflict so i can explain how ...
- World History - I can't find the answer for these anywhere: 2. Who were bishops ...
- English - Thank you very much. I wrote a few more sentences for you to check. 1)...
- History - Sir Thomas More was executed because he A. would not stand with Henry ...
- English - I'm posting you five questions, as promised. Thank you very much. 1)...
- History - 1. How did the Magna Carta affect the power of the English king? A. It...
- English - I tried to simplify some of the sentences, as you suggested to me. Can...