Posted by jh on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 12:11am.
Suppose f(x) = 3^x
a) Find x where f(x) = 1/27.
b) Estimate the value of x where
f(x) = 24.
a) f(x) = 3^x
f(1/27) = 3^1/27
b) f(x) = 3^x
f(24) = 3^24
Don't know how to solve them :( Please Help!!
- Precalculus - drwls, Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 1:20am
a) If 3^x = 1/27, then x = 1/3
Check it out: does (1/3)^3 = 27?
b) They are NOT asking for f(24) They are asking for the value of x for which f(4) = 3^x = 24. You seem to be confused by the function notation.
If f(x) = 3^x = 24, then
x log 3 = log 24
x = log 24/log 3 = 1.38021/0.47712
Check: 3^2.8928 = 24.000
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calc - Suppose that we want to estimate the area under the graph of f(x)=X^2+x ...
- Calculus - Suppose that you can calculate the derivative of a function using the...
- Precalculus - f(x)=x^2-1 Graph the function. Estimate the intervals on which ...
- Precalculus - Suppose h(x) = 3/x^2-1. Find two nontrivial functions such that h...
- calculus 2 - Suppose that you can calculate the derivative of a function using ...
- Please Help!!!!!! - Decide whether the following problem can be solved using ...
- calculus - Hi, I am lost on couple of problems and i was wondering if you could ...
- precalculus - find an exact value for sin (3pi/8)
- ALGEBra Estimate - need to estimate to find quotient: -476 / 90 ESTIMATE IS -450...
- math - (a) Use a graph of f(x) = sqrt(2x^2+9x+5)−sqrt(2x^2+2x+1) to ...