Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 9:24pm.
For the given functions, write the rational function,
r(x) = [f(x-h)-f(x)]/h and simplify:
a. F(x) = 2x+3
b. F(x) = 1/(x+1)
c. F(x) = x^2
Just need to know that the rational function is and maybe I can do the questions. Thanks.
- Math - engmath, Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 10:24pm
the rational function is r(x)=[f(x-h)-f(x)]/h (also known as the limit definition)
so if your function is F(x)=2x+3 plug it into the rational function
=[2x+2hx-3-2x-3]/h --->then simplify
=2h/h--->cancel the h's
then do the same thing for the other problems
- Math - engmath, Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 10:35pm
ah sorry... I was looking at your problem and thinking of something else. Here is the correct solution for part a
SO if F(x)=2x+3 plug it into your rational function r(x)=[f(x-h)-f(x)]/h
=[2x-2h+3-2x-3]/h --->then simplify (cancel the 2x's and the 3's)
=-2h/h--->cancel the h's
Sorry about that screw-up. Hope you understand!
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 8:13pm
recommended steps for factoring a polynomial
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Gr.11 - Rational functions graphing. - 1. Identify a rational function whose ...
- ****college algebra…radical functions**** - Create a rational function such that...
- Calculus - We're learning about different kinds of functions and I don't really ...
- Math Rational Functions-Please Clarify =) - I have a question about the rational...
- math - Suppose you have a rational function that its denominator is (X-c) and ...
- Math (calc) - Given the function: f(x)=x^3(x-2)^2 , on the interval [-1,3] find ...
- Calculus - Suppose you have a rational function that its denominator is (X-c) ...
- Math- Rational Functions - 1. Some rational functions have asymptotes, others ...
- Math - Some rational numbers are integers. True or false The radius of a circle...
- Math - True or false Some rational numbers are integers. The radius of a circle ...