Posted by Sara on Monday, February 8, 2010 at 9:55pm.
We are working on descriptive writing and right now I have to do a whole description on a Old House.
Touch: slimy doorknob
Sights: broken steps
Spider webs on door
Colours: Brown door
Comparisons: The damaged rooftop looks like an exploded volcano?
Could you please add a few more to each list; I really need help with the comparisons. Also, is there more to descriptive writing other than these senses, and comparisons.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 10:14pm
You have an excellent start, Sara.
Once proud as a courtesan; now dejected as a prostitute
Laughter of children now replaced by the sighs of their ghosts
My grandmother's pride; my mother's home; my albatross
This site may give you more ideas about descriptive writing.
English - Sara, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 10:17pm
Thank you Ms. Sue, you are very supportive :-)
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 10:19pm
You're very welcome, Sara.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A crew of spiders moved into the scary old house and started working at ...
- math - you are trying to cool your house. The temp in the house is 85. Your ac ...
- Physics - A person pushes on a doorknob with a force of 5N. The direction of the...
- science - sometimes you get when you touch a metal doorknob because negative ...
- 9th grade ENG - in her room at the prow of the house where light breaks and the ...
- English - Create a Halloween story by filling in the blanks with adjectives. ...
- English - Which of the sentences below uses the word turned as a linking verb? A...
- Rose Five Senses - Hi, I have to write a poem about roses. What are some ...
- English - I'm needing help editing a couple of paragraphs for a descriptive ...
- English - Scene: Jacob and Mary are at Jerome’s House, to return the engagement ...