Posted by Sylvie on Monday, February 8, 2010 at 1:15pm.
I have to do a project on 4 types of writing. Fictional narrative, Personal narrative, Informational writing and Persuasive writing.
The project consists of giving characteristics of each, as well as 2 prompts (examples) for each.
This is what I have so far. Please tell me if it is correct.
FICTIONAL NARRATIVE WRITING
GOAL: Tells a story or part of a story.
* Main characters, minor characters,
& character development
* Dialogue- Reveals character;
* Setting - time, place, mood, &
* Plot with a central conflict
* Point of View - Fist person, third
* Beginnings, Transitions, and
PROMPTS: I need help with 2 examples for Fictional Narrative Writing.
PERSONAL NARRATIVE WRITING
GOAL: the writer relates an event, incident or experience in his or her own life.
* Focuses on one experience
* Shows the purpose clearly
* The events are most often in the
order in which they actually
* Expresses the writer's thoughts
* Written in first person "I"
* Has many relevant sensory details
* Must have why it is important
and/or how it affected the writer
PROMPTS: (Are these good examples of Personal Narrative Writing?)
1. My trip to Disney World.
2 Learning how to swim.
Goal: To inform, explain, clarify, define or instruct.
* Focuses on main topic
* Details, explanations, and
* Logical order
PROMPTS: I need help with 2 examples for this one
GOAL: To persuade or convince someone to do something that you want them to do.
* Stresses benefits
* Proves its case
* Closes with a call to action
PROMPTS: Are these good examples of Persuasive writing?
1. Reasons why you should not smoke.
2. Should Public School students be
required to wear uniforms?
I know that this alot of information; but I would appreciate any help that you provide
Thank you for your time.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 1:59pm
Your details for each type of writing are fine. The only thing I would add is to "address the opposing view(s)" in persuasive writing.
Fictional narrative -- 1) Three siblings think it'll be great fun to play in the deep snow outside, but they find that it's more work than fun; 2) two friends travel by train between Los Angeles and San Francisco (their views of the Pacific Ocean, the people they met, their first experience in a dining car, etc.).
Informational -- 1) explain why it's not a good idea to post too much personal information about oneself electronically [in Facebook or MySpace, in IMs, in text messages, etc.]; 2) instruct how to make a PB&J sandwich.
- english - Sylvie, Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 9:16am
I appreciate your suggestions comments. Thanks so much.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Writing - Josie wrote a newspaper advertisement about the school cafeteria's ...
- English - i be having test soon in english and we be writing synthesis essay and...
- english - the assignment is to write a paragraph explaining the key differences ...
- english - hi, i need to write a persuasive essay that includes a personal ...
- Narrative Essay - Could someone give me some good tips in writing a narrative ...
- Essay writing - Do you suggest any sites I can search for effective narrative/...
- to ms.sue - when i do this: Please select one of the two narrative prompts and ...
- English/Writing - My first cheerleading competition, along with all of the ...
- Writing/Essay - I Need To Write a 1 1/2 page on a personal narrative about an ...
- writing (persuasive essay) - Hi. I'm in 10th grade and our teacher assigned us a...