Posted by Annie on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 12:22pm.
Your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points containing 40 questions. There are two-point and four-point questions on the test. How many of each type of question are on the test?
How would you set this up?
- math - drwls, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 12:32pm
Suppose there are x 2-pointers and y 4-pointers.
x + y = 40
2x + 4y = 100
If you are learning algebra, you probably know what to do next.
You could double both sides of the first equation and subtract what you get from the second equation, for example. That would give you 2y = 20 right away.
- math - joe, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 12:35pm
Ok you have to write a system of equations.
solve: X=30 Y=10
then 30+y = 40
- math - Annie, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 12:57pm
I totally understand now! i had the 2x+4y=100...i just was blanking out about how to set up the 2nd part but I see now! Thank you so much! :)
- math - shaquille, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:00pm
what is the fraction lowes terms and a decimal 54
- math - Muhammad Moiz, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 6:14pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - algebra in 8th your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points ...
- System ? - Your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points containing 40 ...
- Algebra - Your teacher is giving you a test worth 100 points containing 40 ...
- Algebra - An Algebra I test contains 30 questions. Some of the questions are ...
- math help - I need help solving this math problem, please: Problem: Angela's ...
- Math - I need help solving this math problem, please: Problem: Angela's math ...
- (Math) Help me solve this Pls. - Write a linear system of equations that can be...
- math - Your math test has 38 questions and is worth 200. points. The test ...
- math - An Algebra I test contains 40 questions. Some of the questions are worth ...
- math - Write an equation relating the number of questions I get right on a test ...